Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Its Gonna be a Lovely Day

Hello there,
Have you ever woken up knowing that it was going to be a good day? Well I did this morning. I woke up to the sound of my favorite Donavon Frankenreiter song called Lovely Day. I'm thinking it was a sign of the day to come. Getting out of bed the first thing I was was the sun shining through my window onto my guitar. For some reason this instantly made me happy. I picked it up and strummed it for a few minutes to motivate me for the day to come. Walking downstairs I was greeted by my dog Ginger. Now Ginger is very bipolar with her morning greetings. One day she will speak to you and the next she wont acknowledge your existence. This morning she greeted me at the foot of the stairs jumping up and down like excited dogs do. This was another indicator that my day was going to be great.

I have a daily routine to getting my day started. First I always take a long shower so that I can be fresh for the day. I follow up the shower with a LARGE bowl of cereal, or two. I then play with my dog for a few minutes to get her motivated for the day ahead of her because dogs need motivation too. Then I get dressed in a way which reflects my mood. Being in such a great mood today, I decided to wear my fresh white nikes (actually their polo but going with nikes sounded better), some fresh skinny jeans, and a brightly colored polo. Like I said before, my mood reflects my clothing choice. On days when I'm not feelin it or when I'm tired I'll bum in in some sweats and a t shirt. But either way my clothing reflects my mood.

Well another reason I'm in such a great mood today is because I leave to go to Europe tomorrow with one of my best good friends. So needless to say I'm looking forward to being shipped out of the country.

But as I left the house today everything seemed to be the way it was meant to be. A lady was out walking her dog and she threw her hand up at me as I walked to my car, which for some reason made me happy. As soon as I turned on the car some Panic at the Disco came on. That's when I knew there was no way my day could turn bad. Cruising around the metropolis that is Goldsboro, I thought to myself..."I'm feelin' it."

Now when I'm feelin' something I am greatly enjoying it. And I was feelin' today.

There was a chain of events that lead to my lovely day. I played guitar with a buddy, Dad made steaks, I threw the ball in the yard for my dog, I played some guitar on the deck, and I drove around with my windows down singing.

No one can tell you how to be happy, but you can find happiness in the simplest of things.

Believe that you are going to have a good day, chances are you will.
Surround yourself with happy people.
Read a good book.
Go for a walk.
Learn to play an instrament.
Listen to some Nora Jones.
Surround yourself with friends and family.
Be happy with what you have.
Reach out to someone you normally wouldn't.
Listen to some Daft Punk.
Be yourself.
Sit in the sun, it's good for the soul.
Listen to some Amos Lee, Donavon Frankenreiter, or some Paolo Nutini.
Hug a stranger.
Pray.
Sit back and relax.
Fist Pump Like a Champ!

Happiness is all around you, embrace it. Life is wonderful, so enjoy it.


I'm feelin' it.
-Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment